Town Clerk

Town of Waterboro

Town Clerk

Town Clerk

Marina Gagne                  Marina_280x310
24 Townhouse Road
East Waterboro, ME 04030
PHONE: (207) 247-6166, Ext. 110
FAX: (207) 247-6132
Email Town Clerk


The Town Clerk is the keeper of all town records including birth, death, marriage certificates and marriage intentions, elections results, voter registrations. Also: Fish & Game agent.

NOTICE: As of January 2016: All hunters under age 16 are required to have a Junior Hunting License.

Laws Of The Maine Outdoors - Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Snowmobile, ATV & Boating Laws (Digital Law Books Available for Download)

Birth Certificates: may be obtained from:
1. The city or town in which the child was born.
2. The city or town in which the mother was living at the time of the birth.
3. The state Office of Vital Records located in Augusta, Maine.
The fee for a Birth Certificate at the Town Clerk's Office is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.

Marriage License:

A Marriage License may be obtained from the office of the Town Clerk, for a fee of $40.00. For persons previously married, a certificate must be presented indicating the dissolution of the former marriage. The license is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.  There is no longer a three day waiting period.

Dog Licenses:
- Each owner or keeper of a dog at the age of 6 months or more, on or before January 1st of each year shall obtain a license.
Valid State of Maine rabies certificates are needed for each dog license. If the dog has a certificate from another state, a Maine Veterinarian must certify the certificate.
A dog owner or keeper shall pay a fee of 11.00 for each dog 6 months or older capable of producing young.
- A dog owner or keeper shall pay a fee of $6.00 for each dog 6 months or older that is incapable of producing young (certification from veterinarian required). 
- After January 31st, a late fee of $15.00 $25.00 per dog in addition to the annual license fee shall be paid. [Per Maine State Law]
- A person having a pack or collection of dogs for the purposes of breeding, hunting, show, training, field trials, and exhibition shall pay a fee of $42.00 for a kennel license. A kennel owner may not keep more than 10 dogs per license. Rabies certificates required for each dog.

Voter Registration & Abesentee Ballots:
- The Town Clerk is also the supervisor of elections. The office is an alternative absentee voting place for qualified voters.
- To register to vote in Waterboro, please come into the Clerk's office and fill out a voter registration card. It is important that you show I.D. that has your Waterboro residence address on it and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Voter registration can take place anytime during our office hours. You may also register to vote on Election Day itself but you must show an I.D. showing your Waterboro residence.
- I.D. could be a Maine-Drivers license, car registration, bills or even an envelope that has gone through the mail to you at your Waterboro address. Street address only, P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
- Try to register to vote before Election Day.
- If your address has changed within Waterboro, please let this office know so the voter list can be updated.
Qualified Parties In Maine:
Green Independent 
Absentee ballots can still be requested 30 days prior to an election. You can stop by the Town Offices or call (207) 247-6166, Ext. 110.

Marriage & Death Certificates:
The Town Clerk's Office may issue copies of Marriage and Death certificates that are filed in that town. The fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.